Grant+ program ditches age restrictions
Montreal Inc has just changed its entry requirements to now include entrepreneurs of any age group (over 18) and accept applications for up to $20,000 CAD grants.
How to qualify?
In order to be eligible to apply for the Grant+ program:
- Entrepreneurs need to have a validated market and MVP
- The product must either be on the market for less than one year and if not already on the market, short term go to market strategy is required
- The entrepreneur must be over 18 years old
- The entrepreneur must be working on the project full time
- The entrepreneur must reside in Montreal
- More entry requirements can be found here.
RELATED: How to succeed as a programmer at an early stage startup
What is Grant+?
Grant+ is a yearly competition sponsored by Montreal Inc. offering Montreal’s startups up to $20,000 non-equity asked funding. The program has been going for ~25 years and offered grants to over 500 Montreal based startups. Forty startups will be awarded a $10,000 CAD grant. In the second phase of the competition, winning startups can be awarded another $10,000 CAD.
The time to apply is right now
September 15 – October 29, 2020. The submissions will be evaluated in November and December 2020.