• Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; evaluating current systems.
• Develops database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and
• Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
• Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for pa
ameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
• Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participatin
in professional organizations.
• Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
• Optimize new and current database systems
• Define security and backup procedures
• Coordinate with the BI department to identify future needs and requirements
• Proven work experience as a Database Architect, Data Analyst or similar role
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL and Oracle
• Proven analytical skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Organized, reliable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Strong analytical skills (particularly with Excel / Google Sheets, Google Analytics, Mode) and the ability to leverage data for insights and action
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute, based on what will be most impactful to the business
• Must enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and maintain constant communication with peers and management.
• Positive contributor in a team, with a problem-solving mindset
• Experience in a software or digital company.
• Additional languages such as French.
• Unplug: 3 weeks of vacation plus 1 week at Christmas.
• Stay Healthy: Health, dental & life insurance.
• Taking care of you and your family: Employee assistance program and medical assistance program + 5 personal days to take care of you or any mem
ber of your family.
• Get Moving: Public transportation card
• Save Up: RRSP contribution match program
• Eat Up: Catered meals for lunch, bagels and cream cheese
• Buff Up: Gym and exercise or equipment reimbursements to keep you active event at home
• Hang Out: Happy hours with your colleagues / webinars / workshop /bingo / 5 to 7
• Stay Cool: A comfortable work environment with flexible hours & summers hours