We are currently looking to fill a Software Development Manager for a client of ours located in Saint-Laurent, Quebec.
Joining a dynamic and ambitious team of tech hungry developers, you will be working in an agile environment designing, maintaining, and evolving a
multitude of platforms and products in a high availability environment where every millisecond count using a broad set of technologies. As the Softw
e development manager, you will be overseeing multiple teams working in different technology stacks, ensuring best practices and communications
etween the involved parties on all the projects, you will also have a high-level view and make recommendations to improve and update different platf
Our teams work at a fast pace on awesome products that are constantly evolving in feature technology and traffic. So, we are looking for someone w
o can pick things up quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting, and challenging.
Take the role of technical leader working with passionate teams of engineers to tackle a multitude of different challenges ranging from scalability, cli
nt centric or architecture. Your challenges will be:
• Manage multiple engineering teams
- Career path, evaluations, mentoring, objectives, hiring
• Ensures that projects are delivered on time and according to the requirements
• Acts as liaison between the Product management and your teams
• Work closely with the Director of engineering to design and architect solutions
• Performs organic analysis and participates in preliminary and functional analyzes
• Performs research necessary for the development and evolution of the system and recommendations.
• Transform complex requirement into simple, scalable, elegant solutions
• Implement and improve best practices
• Monitor application life cycle and releases
• Master the art of working with different projects, teams and technologies.
• Work with a skilled team of developers within a group dynamic setting
• Bring innovations and new solution to current and future challenges
You are a great fit if:
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager
• 8+ years of experience as a back-end developer
- SOA architecture
- Server-side programming (Node.js |.NET|.NETCORE | Java)
- C# .Net MVC
- Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience establishing integration standards and related processes.
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Experience in system architecture (creating diagrams and documentation)
• Help define/clarify user requirements/stories, designs, estimates and work plans.
• Learn and share new technology as per business needs
• Constantly Looking for new ways to improve our products.
• Manage application life cycle
• Analyze and resolve technical problems to implement features in existing products
• Follow Agile methodology with active participation in sprint planning, sprint review
• Must be detail oriented
• Good documentation habits
• Experience with workflow management tools (Jira, GitHub Workflow, TFS)
• Resourceful and dependable
Even better if you have:
• A worshiper of TDD
• Conceptual tool experience (UML Diagramming, Flow)
• Practical experience with SQL and or NoSQL (MySQL|MongoDB|SQL Server|MemSQL)
• Knowledge of Elastic search and Data Engineering pipelines (ETL, machine learning)
• Strong knowledge of user-interface and information architecture principles
- UI | UX & responsive design
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- General web functions and standards.
• Solid knowledge of web browser and its ecosystem (browser extensions)
• Knowledge of code signing and build scripts
• Security conscious development, experience working with pen testing and security auditing.
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
The position is in Saint-Laurent, Montréal. (Remote work possible)
• Unplug: 3 weeks of vacation plus 1 week at Christmas.
• Annual Bonus: before Christmas Holidays
• Plan your perfect schedule: Flexible hours & summer hours.
• For your pension: RRSP contribution match program.
• Stay Healthy: Health, dental, vision & life insurance.
• Get Moving: Public transportation card.
• Save Up: RRSP contribution match program.
• Eat Up: Catered meals for lunch, bagels and cream cheese & barbecues all summertime.
• Buff Up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to keep you active.
• Hang Out: Happy hours with your colleagues, bingo, 5 to 7, etc.
• Stay Cool: A comfortable work environment.
• Get informed: Lunch & learn bi-monthly, webinars, etc.
• Personalized support: Coaching program.
• Stay healthy: Dialogue & tap medical: Free Medical assistance programs.
• Work life balance: Employees Assistance program Morneau Schepell.